Sunday, September 24, 2017

Vicenza Italy - My new home

The above pictures are of the center of town. Friday night, my parents took me to dinner in my new town. Dinner itself was hilarious as we need to get used to the new style of service. The waitress was anything but attentive - if we said to wait a second, she'd leave the table and not come back for ten minutes!

I've been practicing the few bits of Italian I know. Luckily, the waiters and waitresses seem patient with me - probably because I'm trying to use Italian. My Dad didn't bother and, when ordering a bottle of wine and opening the menu to point out which one, the waitress just left! It wasn't a lack of understanding the language - most people do speak a bit of both in Vicenza due to all the Americans about- it was just funny.

So far, the food has been decent and I love being able to order coke-cola without any worries (no GMOs!). Monday, I start work at 9:30 am and will get my orientation done this week. We'll see what kind of housing I end up with and what kind of car. :-)

Abigail is not too pleased about her walks. Normally, she LOVES walks. However, here in Italy, she will just suddenly stop and refuse to go any further unless I coax her a bit. She was fine Saturday in the Alps but here in Vicenza? Nope! It's probably because there isn't a lot of green space where we are at the hotel. Hopefully, any apartment I get has a nice garden area for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment