Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Trying to come up with names for my new car :-)

This is the soon to be mine Mini Cooper.  I'm planning on spray painting the backs of the side mirrors teal and adding watercolor rose vinyls to the car doors because I am NOT a white car person.  I normally go for blue.  However, it was the right price, right size, and it's an automatic.  Finding an automatic in Italy is an interesting adventure in itself. 

Right now, I'm thinking Ghost as a nickname for the car.   Maybe Casper?  We'll see when it's officially mine on Friday!

Until then, I have the loaner vehicle.  I refuse to call it a car because it's not.  It's a death trap. 

Death Trap is a DUMBcar and it's a semi-automatic.   It gets me from point a to b but it has zero actual power, and it feels like I'm driving a go kart on the highway which is not fun.  I believe I have cursed more driving this vehicle in the past two days than I have driving my truck in the past two years. 

The roads in Italy are interesting it that you rarely just turn left or right.  Almost everything involves going around a circle - which is okay until you get off the wrong exit from the circle.   The streets aren't on a grid system like in DC and there aren't easy turn arounds.  Miss your exit?  You can easily add 20 minutes to a 5 minute drive that way.  At least I'm learning my way around!

I just need to remember, this is only for two more days then I get the Ghost!  Or maybe Casper...  Or maybe Marshmellow?

No comments:

Post a Comment