Sunday, August 27, 2017

New Bags and Other Sources of Procrastination

I've bought two new pieces of luggage for my journey to Italy. All my old luggage is completely destroyed except for the indestructable LL Bean bag. That being what it is, I, of course, bought two more bags from LL Bean.
Medium Adventure Duffle in Arctic Blue
Extra Large Adventure Duffle in Antique Plum

I already have one body bag...err...extra large duffle in the Plum color from LL Bean but, seeing as I'm moving to Italy and it's $100 up to 50 lbs for a second check in bag...I'm bringing a second check in bag.   The medium adventure duffle is for my carry on in addition to Abigail.  I double and triple checked the rules - Abigail counts as one and I can bring another carry on.  Since the color Arctic Blue is being discontinued, it's on sale.  Also, it's honestly not a bad color and looks like it will go rather lovely with the antique plums.   Everything that is on sale on the website gets an extra 20% off until the 30th if you use the code LL Bean gives you in their top banner.   Basically, the medium duffle ends up costing about $40.  Considering how hard it is to destroy an LL Bean bag, that $40 will go a LONG way.  

Seriously, LL Bean bags are pretty much indestructible.  Most bags, I look at them funny, and they fall apart.  I've had ripped seams, ripped handles, and broken zippers after only one or two uses from most bags and luggage.   My purple body bag from LL bean?  I've had it since the last century, I think.  It has survived Egypt, Ireland (both times!), Las Vegas (all three times!), England, France (taking it on the Paris Subway was fun...), and many other adventures.  It does not break.  It's still in good shape.   Considering they are only $80 for the extra large, that's well worth the price.   

So why am I posting this?  I'm avoiding grad school work....  :-)  Yes, I'm moving to Europe while still doing Grad School online.  This will be fun!   *headdesk*

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! I found you! My blog reader can't find you, but I'm working on that. :-)

    I look forward to reading about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete